Slide Phone For Senior Citizen. A cellular phone with a physical keyboard slides out from the case. Although not all slider phones are designed this way, the part that slides out can be the entire length of the chance to provide the most extensive physical keyboard for the case footprint. In addition, Mobile phones have become a needed part of our daily lives. A mobile phone with the latest features that can multitask and deliver the desired performance is what we all need to be productive and also to have a little fun. However, we are spoilt for choice with many such intelligent mobile phones. And choosing one that is best for us can be a challenge. Finally, To make it convenient for you, we list some of the best mobiles in India. Lastly, They perfectly balance hardware and software, performance, and technology.
Configure The Mobile For Android: Simplify The Interface Or Install A Launcher
Activate Simple Mode
Some brands include options in their models to simplify the interface. This is the case of Samsung’s “Easy Mode,” LG’s “Easy Home,” and Huawei’s “Simple Mode” (Xiaomi Mi, 2021).
- It is the sequence of steps to configure it on Samsung models:
- Settings> Personal> Easy mode> choose the apps appearing on the mobile screen.
- In LG, the sequence is:
- Settings > Display > Select Home > activate “EasyHome.”
- For Huawei, select:
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Simple Mode
At last, The mobile interface will adapt for easier use by configuring Android with these options.
Apps Designed For The Elderly: Android Launchers
- Launchers or launchersare applications that you can select to configure Android with a desktop or main screen design.
- The recommendation in this case to configure the mobileis (Martínez, 2021):
- Download a launcher for seniors from Google Play.
- Install the app.
- Configure it to suit the person. Suggestions:
- Enlarge the icons and arrange them to fit the older person
- Set your favorite contacts
- Activate the notification LEDs
- Increase the size of the buttons and the keyboard
- Lastly, It includes applications with tipsfor care, healthy aging, and well-being.
2 Options To Configure The Mobile Of The Elderly For iPhone
Increase the Zoom
Increase the size of the texts and other elements by enabling the screen zoom.
The step by step to configure iPhone with this feature is as follows:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Display and brightness.”
- In the ” Screen zoom” section, select “View.”
Finally, Choose the Zoom view that our older adult likes the most.
Have Siri Read The Text To You
By configuring the mobile with this option, it is easier to hear texts that are not legible. Instead, seniors must highlight a text and ask the iOS assistant Siri to read it.
Siri will gladly do it by configuring iPhone like this:
- Open Settings > General.
- Select Accessibility > Speech.
- Enable Voice Selection.
- Select Voices to change the voice style.
- Finally, Adjust the “Speak Rate” using the slider to change the speech rate.
Qualities Of Slide Phone That A Mobile Phone For The Elderly Must Have
- The bigger the screen, the better (Rodríguez, 2021).
- It is better to select phones with large, separate keys. Some models have featurephone
- That includes volume up and down buttons and “anti-shock” protection.
- Direct keys to call for help (SOS) or to contact a trusted person through quick access.
- Buttons and keys can be distinguished by touch since many elders have vision difficulties.
- That is, your mobile phone has a flashlight and a good volume for music and radio, much better!
Advantages Of Slide Phone Configuring The Mobile For The Elderly
The Best slide phone
Nothing has been making a more significant comeback than some good old-fashioned nostalgia, and technology is no exception. Smartphones are great, but today’s most prominent tech manufacturers have also returned the flip phone —they’re better than ever! So whether you already have a smartphone and want to return to the good ancient time, or if you prefer the durability, simplicity, and affordability of flip phones, we’re here to help you pick the best one.
Configure The Mobile For Android: Simplify The Interface Or Install A Launcher. Next, Settings> Personal> Easy mode> choose the apps appearing on the mobile screen. Settings > Display > Select Home > activate “Easy Home.” Therefore, The mobile interface will adapt for easier use by configuring Android with these options. Launchers or launchers are applications that you can select to configure Android with a desktop or main screen design. Moreover, Options To Configure The Mobile Of The Elderly For iPhone By configuring the mobile with this option, it is easier to hear texts that are not legible.
HELPFULL RESOURCES : The Types Of Websites And How To Design Them