Mobile Games For Senior Citizens Have you ever wondered how I could improve my memory and concentration or that of an elderly loved one? From Cuideo, we want to emphasize the importance of exercising the mind of the elderly daily to help them slow down the effects of aging, among many other benefits. Thus, the reason remains active, and cognitive decline holdup and even prevented. Therefore, Mind the elders is Ideal for home games for elderly residents.
An ideal and entertaining way to exercise the brain is through games for memory and September concentration for adults. World Alzheimer’s Day celebrates every 21 to raise awareness in society and help in research to prevent and cure this chronic disease. The date is approaching, and we believe it is essential to keep this in mind both these days and permanently.
The Best Mobile Games For Senior Citizens: Benefits
Several studies have shown that the most favorable intellectual activities for mental health are:
- Play musical instruments.
- Learn languages.
- Play games that activate and stimulate us.
Games are essential at all stages of life, but the elderly highly recommend them due to the great benefits they can bring to the condition of life and health of the elderly.
Encouraging games, both physical and mental, help the elderly to socialize, activate and train the mind and improve the positive mind and mood. It can be done both through games for the elderly using tablets and other technologies, as well as with more traditional variants, in the style of board games for the elderly in residences and their own homes.
Games and memory exercises, in particular, will significantly benefit the elderly. Activating and stimulating the mind helps to improve concentration and will help prevent cognitive deterioration caused by age and slow down the symptoms of specific pathologies or dementia such as Alzheimer’s.
Memory Exercises For Seniors
We must prepare small challenges to exercise the brain that cognitively stimulate the elderly. At the same time, they overcome them, which will help them motivate themselves and improve their mental state while having fun.
There are many thinking games for adults in Spanish. From Cuideo, we want to propose a series of memory exercises for the elderly, ideal for activating the mind of the elderly and helping them counteract the effects of aging and the symptoms of specific pathologies and dementias:
A critical factor in the functioning of the brain is language. For this reason, word games are ideal for improving verbal skills, keeping the brain alert, practicing problem-solving, and preventing the risk of cognitive decline in the elderly.
Apparent Variations Of Word Games Are:
- Crossword puzzles Consist of completing all the boxes with letters through the definitions of the words that place vertically and horizontally.
- Chained words. Through the first word, we must go tying them, making the first syllable of each one coincide with the last syllable of the previous term. Example: «ro-pa», «pa-sa», «sa-bor»…
- The phone. Each player says a word and accumulates repeatedly. Each player must repeat all the words sounded so far without making a mistake and add a new one.
- Alphabet soup. It consists of finding the mixed words within a grid with rows and columns of letters; they see in any sense and direction.
- Scrabble in its multiple variants. An ideal board game to exercise mental agility.
They are ideal for stimulating the mind, exercising memory, and increasing the intellectual activity of the elderly.
Some clear examples of mathematical games are:
- How much? Some products offer a price attribute to each one. So then, the older person should be asked questions such as “how much will I spend if I buy two loaves of bread and a pack of yogurt” and “how much will I get back if I buy four packs of yogurt and pay with a fifty?” etc.
- Sudoku puzzles consist of completing the empty cells with numbers from 1 to 9 without repeating the same number in the square, neither in the vertical nor horizontal rows.
- Subtract. We must make the adult imagine a number and make him subtract different amounts up to 0. Example: 200-2, 208-4, 204-6,198-8, 190-5, 185.
- Letters with the number. We will spread the cards around the table and ask the eldest to do different actions, such as separating even and odd, ordering from most minor to most significant, and vice versa.
It is one of the most used memory exercises for the elderly for many reasons. Puzzles are a great mental challenge and an excellent activity to stimulate and train the brain. Increase creativity, coordination, and motor skills. Also, puzzles are a perfect activity for people with Alzheimer’s. There are all experience levels: from a beginner-level puzzle to senior or expert.
Solving puzzles such as doing a puzzle for adults and not so old, playing Tetris, or finding the differences is ideal for increasing our visual capacity, attention, problem-solving, and improving memory. In addition, they help the elderly to relax and develop patience, relieving stress, anxiety, and depression.
If we are composing a physical puzzle, the more pieces it has, the more the brain will work to remember the fragments seen previously and try to relate them to the final image.
Sayings puzzles are also a great option as famous sayings are well-known among older people and will help them remember them.
Riddles: Mobile Games For Senior Citizens
The game is an important activity, especially to encourage those already entering the third age to have a full and healthy old age. In addition, riddles are examples of brain entertainment that help improve brain functions.
On the other hand, these games contribute to having quality time with the adults at home and maintaining a close relationship with them. Some of the other benefits of riddles for the elderly are:
- They encourage the creation of new neural connections to increase neural plasticity.
- Slows down cognitive decline
- It improves the ability to solve problems, Develops creativity and memory.
Solving easy brain teasers and riddles for seniors will help them boost their imagination and abstract thinking. Solving puzzles for adults enhances complex thinking and exercises the brain, which helps to a certain extent to prevent or slow down the loss of cognitive abilities produced by the passage of time.
Mobile Games For Seniors
There are many mobile applications for smartphones and tablets. These games stimulate the brain, and their cognitive functions become smartphone apps with many advantages. Many of them are also great brain gyms with visual exercises for adults.
Another perfect option for more analogical people is the exercise book to prevent cognitive deterioration. The Center for the Prevention of Cognitive Deterioration of the Madrid City Council has carried out. These memory training and mental stimulation exercises by the difficulty level.
Mobile Games For Senior Citizens To Train The Brain
The exercise the memory of the elderly, there are eight recommended apps to train the brain of the elderly. Entertaining logic game apps with tests to work memory and increase precision and speed, among other benefits for mental health. It includes more than 360 games to test your mental agility, concentration, visual perception, memory, and deduction skills.
Rise Ideal app to help older adults work on reading speed, concentration, memory, and math skills. It seeks to train five areas of our brain: memory, attention, flexibility, mental agility, information processing speed, and problem-solving capacity.
An ideal and entertaining way to exercise the brain is through games for memory and September concentration for adults. Encouraging games, both physical and mental, help the elderly to socialize. Therefore, activate and train the mind and improve the positive mind and mood. For this reason, word games are ideal for improving verbal skills, keeping the brain alert. Moreover, practicing problem-solving, and preventing the risk of cognitive decline in the elderly. They are suitable for stimulating the mind, exercising memory, and increasing the intellectual activity of the elderly. Rise Ideal app to help older adults work on reading speed, concentration, memory, and math skills.
HELPFULL RESOURCES : Video Calling Apps (Free) – Top 10 Apps And More